Jay has made the decision to stop teaching at this time. Please click here to get the latest information and our recommendation for the best luthier to reach out to.
* Please see notification above
Build Your Dream Guitar
In only ten days you can hand build the guitar you’ve always dreamed of. That’s how long a one-on-one acoustic guitar building workshop lasts at Lichty Guitars. It is an incredible, memorable, fun experience resulting in a one-of-a-kind guitar that you can take pride in playing for a lifetime.
Why Choose a Lichty Acoustic Guitar Building Workshop?
While there may be other guitar building workshops out there, we are committed to making those held at Lichty Guitars completely unique and unforgettable! Jay will be available to provide support, while allowing for as much independence as you want or need. You will be using the finest acoustic materials direct from our collection and have access to all of the tools you need to build a top-notch guitar from scratch.
Visit our main Workshops page or contact Jay for more details, including cost and availability.
January 2015 Acoustic Guitar Building Workshop
WOW! The finish is absolutely beautiful. I just held it in the light going over every inch of it. Then I put it on my lap and strummed a big open G and was stunned by the depth of resonance and tone. And for a big guitar it is light and responsive. I am blown away! Jay & Corrie, this has been an incredible experience and I cannot say thank you enough. I wish you both continued success in the building of your business. You are an inspiration! – Mark Ballard
[mp3j track=”Up on Cold Mountain (Jay Lichty)@NB-up-on-cold-mountain.mp3″ vol=”100″ autoplay=”n” flow=”y”]
[mp3j track=”Shady Grove (traditional folk song)@MB-shady-grove.mp3″ vol=”100″ autoplay=”n” flow=”y”]
Group Acoustic Guitar Workshop – August 2014
John Thomas’s Workshop Adventure with Lichty Guitars and Fretboard Journal
Ready to Build Your Own Guitar?
Please note, Jay is no longer teaching. Please click here to read more and to see our recommendations.
More of the Acoustic Guitar Building Workshop Story …
Highlights of one-on-one Acoustic Guitar Building Workshops
- Mark Ballard one-on-one guitar building workshop – January 2015 – the project – a Brazilian Rosewood Dreadnought guitar
- Rollie Barnes one-on-one guitar building workshop – July 2014 – the project – a Cocobolo Alchemist guitar
- Ben one-on-one guitar building workshop – June 2014 – The project – a Brazilian Rosewood OM guitar
- Tony Fernandes one-on-one guitar building workshop – April 2014 – The project – a Brazilian Rosewood Dreadnought guitar
- Mike Johnson one-on-one guitar building workshop – March 2014 – The project – a Cocobolo Modified Small Jumbo guitar
- Doug Dacey one-on-one guitar building workshop – December 2013 – The project – an Indian Rosewood dreadnought guitar
- Chad Jennings one-on-one workshop – July 2013 – The project – a cocobolo and Carpathian spruce small jumbo guitar with cutaway and wedge-shaped body
- Ki Wells one-on-one guitar building workshop – July 2012 – The project – a cocobolo crossover guitar with a Western Red cedar top
Highlights of small group Acoustic Guitar Building Workshops