What’s Your Dream Guitar?
When you order a Lichty custom guitar you’ll design that dream guitar with Jay. Together you will go over every detail, from size and shape, to bindings and rosette design, to pickups and tuners. Jay builds handcrafted acoustic guitars that are unique to each player’s vision and style.
Hear Jay describe a bit about the custom made guitar process …
Most folks feel that the design process is a big part of the fun and satisfaction when ordering a customized guitar. Here are the steps in the process:
- Select the guitar model that best suits your aesthetics and playing style. Jay can help to guide your decision once he learns a bit about you and the music you play.
- Look through our tonewoods and select the set of wood you would like.
- Explore the many custom guitar options available to you.
- Run the numbers via our Price Estimator to get an idea of the cost.
- Contact Jay to share your ideas, ask your questions and to get your custom acoustic guitar onto his build schedule.
Custom Guitar Models
What model guitar do you love playing the most? Body style and size impact every aspect of an instrument’s playability and sound. The acoustic guitar models that Jay builds include Small Jumbo, Parlor, Dreadnought, the Lichty Dream guitar and many more.
We have an extensive collection of premium domestic and exotic tonewoods that are dried and ready for use. You can see every available set in our tonewood galleries and choose the perfect one for your Lichty guitar. Which set of wood has your name on it?
There are many guitar builders out there. Why choose Jay?
Well, for starters …
- Jay has built over 230 instruments (roughly half and half guitars and ukes) and the majority of these instruments have been custom-crafted to order.
- Many of our customers are the proud owners of more than one custom Lichty because they were off-the-charts-happy with their first one. We think that says a lot!
- We offer a Lifetime Warranty.
- We always say that the fit between builder and customer has to be right. Hey, if you’re having a custom guitar made the process should be fun! Most folks find that Jay is a pleasure to get to know and to work with.
Read more – What chose a Lichty?
Don’t take our word for it. Read what some of our customers have to say …
“I am inspired when I see them, I’m inspired when I touch them and of course I am inspired when I hear them. I love the guitars Jay built for me and am proud to be the caretaker of these fine guitars.”
– William Miller, Brazilian Rosewood Dreadnought Guitar, Patchwork Parlor Guitar, Mahogany Dreadnought Guitar, Pau Ferro Dreadnought Guitar
On the Luthier Bench – Current Projects
Did you know that when you order a custom Lichty we document the step-by-step construction with a photographic journal? You will be able to see your guitar come to life via our blog and you will receive a copy of all of the images with your instrument.
Custom Guitar Pricing
How much is a custom Lichty? The price varies given all of the possible options but a base-price is $5,200. You can estimate the cost of your custom acoustic guitar by running the numbers through our handy calculator.
Guitars for Sale
If you are looking for immediate gratification we invite you to look over our inventory of instruments available for immediate sale and shipment. The selection is typically very small but you might get lucky and find your guitar there.
Jay welcomes your call or email anytime to discuss your ideal instrument and to explore all of the handmade acoustic guitar options available.