Mark & Maggie O’Connor Tryon NC House Concert
We are super excited to share news that Mark & Maggie are coming back to Tryon! Last year’s event was an off-the-charts sell-out gathering. While I think everyone who attended the show expected a great concert – Mark and Maggie truly blew everyone away! So, on with the news about their next Tryon show …
As part of our ongoing House Concert Series, Shields and Frances Flynn and Jay and Corrie Lichty would like to invite you to a hear two Grammy-winning violinists and fiddlers Mark and Maggie O’Connor in concert at The Tryon Depot. This venue offers an extraordinary opportunity to experience these world-class musicians in an intimate setting. Special thanks goes to Michael Baughman and Parsec Financial Wealth Management for providing this lovely event space.
- Date & Time: Sunday, November 10th, 2019 at 4:00 PM
- Ticketing: $35 / Advance online ticket purchase is required. Purchase Here (https://markandmaggie.brownpapertickets.com/)
- Seating is limited to 70 so we encourage you to book your tickets early.
- Location: The Tryon Depot / 22 Depot St / Tryon, North Carolina 28782. The Depot is conveniently located in the center of town with ample parking.
- Questions regarding this concert should be addressed to event organizer Shields Flynn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mark O’Connor has won three GRAMMY Awards and has been named Musician of the Year for six years in a row by the Country Music Association. He has produced 46 albums since 1974 and has won countless national competitions in violin, guitar and mandolin. He is joined by his wife Maggie for this duo concert. Maggie grew up in a musical family in Atlanta, Georgia and began playing in the family band at the age of seven. She continued her musical career earning a Master’s Degree in violin performance at Peabody Institute at John Hopkins University. Mark and Maggie perform as a duo and also as a part of the Mark O’Connor Band. Together they teach the O’Connor Method of instruction, a groundbreaking book series authored by Mark that has reached tens of thousands of students since its release 8 years ago.
Learn more at MarkOConnor.com