Utah’s Ukulele Festival – Ukulele Play
Before I give you all the details on the Utah’s Ukulele Festival – UkulelePlay, I’d like to introduce you to the force behind this event and to a great resource for learning more about ukulele playing. For for many folks, when they think of ukulele they think of M Ryan Taylor. He is a uke player, a teacher, an author of books on playing the ukulele and the guy behind this upcoming festival in Utah. He is much much more than that though. In his own words:
Yes, I’ve written operas, dozens of choral works, art songs, song cycles, as well as other works of chamber music, but I’m also a hiker, recipe hacker, a multi-media artist, a choral conductor, a performing baritone, a ukulele player, a friend, a son, a husband, a sci-fi and Tolkien fan, a poet, a songwriter, a book-lover, a hymn-arranger, a gardener, a church organist, a tuba player, a some-time animator, a party-thrower, a concert-producer, a web-builder. These are some of the things that inform and shape my music. Life makes music. – M Ryan Taylor
Given there is a gentleman with such an eclectic mix of passions is behind the Utah Uke Festival, you’ve got a good recipe for a great festival. Lichty Guitars is proud to be a sponsor for this event!
July 27-28, 2012 : Brittni Paiva headlines as Ukulele Play! expands into a celebratory festival in cozy, downtown American Fork, UT (only 20-minutes away from Salt Lake City and Provo/Orem) including workshops, jams, open mic (with prizes), ukulele marketplace and concerts.
Friday, July 27
- 9:30-11:30a : Last day of the 123 Ukulele Play! Camp for absolute beginners.
- 12 noon : 2-day Festival Registration
- 1-2:15p : Class Session 1
- 2:25-3:35p : “The Daily Ukulele” Jam at Robinson Park (Free)
- 3:45-5p : Class Session 2
- 7pm The Quiet American and Sarah Maisel in Concert
Saturday, July 28
- 8:00a : Saturday Festival Registration
- 9-10:15a : Class Session 3
- 10:25-11:40a : Class Session 4
- 12 noon – 2p : Ukulele Picnic and Open Mic at Robinson Park (Free)
- 2:10-3:25p : Class Session 5
- 3:35-4:50p : Class Session 6
- 7pm : Brittni Paiva in Concert
Class Sessions feature workshops for comfortable beginners thru advanced players
To learn more about Lichty Ukuleles
See examples of recent custom ukuleles
Learn how to customize your own ukulele