Art Trek Tryon is a free self-guided tour of over 40 artists’ studios in the foothill of the Carolina’s sponsored by The Upstairs Artspace. Here is an Art Trek Tryon Preview:
For two days area craftsmen and artists open up their working studios to visitors. There will be work on display, demonstrations, special projects unveiled and at Lichty Guitars there will also be music played on our handcrafted instruments.
Why make Lichty Guitars a stop along your Art Trek tour?
- Each Lichty instrument is a one-of-a-kind heirloom quality instrument / work of art, yet our “gallery” is the hands-on kind. We invite anyone who stops by to pick up and play our assortment of guitars and ukuleles.
- Lichty Guitars was the winner of the 2010 Made in the South Awards. You might enjoy stopping by to see what all the fuss was about.
- You’ll have a unique opportunity to meet the custom guitar builder behind these extraordinary instruments, Jay Lichty, and to talk with him about his craft
- Where you are a musician or not, you’ll see the inside of the luthier shop (how many folks can say they’ve done that?) and learn a bit about what goes into our handcrafted guitars and ukuleles.
- You can pick up and see, feel, tap and smell our exotic acoustic guitar wood.
- If you are a guitar player have you ever wondered what the difference between a Dreadnought, and a Parlor guitar is? Come find out about the different acoustic guitar sizes.
- Perhaps you are a guitar player who is curious what playing a ukulele might be like. You’ll have an opportunity to do just that.
- A stop by Lichty Guitars during Art Trek is a great time to scout out possibilities for a custom acoustic guitar or ukulele, for yourself or for a loved-one.
What might you see?
You may see this and much more !
Approximately 40 artists in Tryon, Saluda, and Columbus, NC
and Landrum, SC open their studios to the public.
Art Trek Checklist: Gas up the car.
Bring your walking shoes and binoculars
Meet the artists and check out the art on Friday evening at the preview party
Get your ATT Guide with maps
Select your studios
Plan your route
Now you’re ready to enjoy a relaxing weekend of visual beauty
Begin this extraordinary weekend of artistic and natural beauty with a preview party at the Upstairs on Friday evening, July 29 th, from 5pm to 8pm. The gallery will display a sampler of approximately 40 artists’ work. Each artist will be on hand to talk about their art. Enjoy a glass of wine as you plan your weekend’s self-guided tour.
Saturday Studio Hours: 10 – 5
Sunday Studio Hours: noon-5