Acoustic Guitar Raffle for LEAF in 2011
Updated Post Oct 23rd, 2011
North Carolina luthier Jay Lichty builds heirloom quality one-of-a-kind custom guitars and ukuleles. Each year, as part of our Giving Back Program, we donate a Lichty Guitar to be raffled by LEAF, a non-profit organization established to build community and enrich lives through the Arts – locally & globally – with festivals, events, mentoring, and educational programs. We want you to know that when you buy a raffle ticket (tickets) you’ll not only have an opportunity to win a Lichty Guitar, you’ll be supporting a great cause!
Acoustic Guitar Raffle for LEAF Details
- Guitar: Chechen Dreadnought Lichty Guitar
- Winner will also receive a Guitar Gift Package: including a professional guitar stand by Cooperstand, a handcrafted guitar strap by Kersplash, a six month subscription to online guitar lessons by the greats from BreakdownWay.com and a guitar accessory package from BLVD Music in Spartanburg, SC.
- Ticket Price: $10 (you may buy multiple tickets)
- Buy tickets online at http://leafticketsales.org or at the Lake Eden Arts Festival
- Raffle Drawing Date: At the 2011 Oct. Lake Eden Arts FestivalAcoustic Guitar Raffle Features: Chechen back and sides, Engelmann spruce top, ebony fretboard, bridge and head plate, pearl rosette, ivroid binding. K&K pickup, Grover tuners
[slideshow width=”340″ height=”540″]
Hear this Guitar – Audio Files
We’re so grateful to the amazing musicians who are generously taking time out to play the 2011 raffle guitar. It is a real pleasure to hear a great guitar being played by great musicians. And just think – this guitar could be yours!
I love these guitars. They are visually stunning and such high quality. Of course, the tone is the most important thing, and Lichty Guitars have got great tone! – Chris Padgett, the StereoFidelics
I own several great vintage guitars, but I believe that we are now witnessing the real golden age of guitar building in America. Never before have so many craftsmen been so dedicated to building fine instruments and Lichty Guitars are at the forefront of that movement. And they play every bit as good as they sound, too.” – Michael Reno Harrell,www.michaelreno.com
Where do your dollars go when you purchase a raffle ticket?
Check out the Great Folks Who Have Donated Items for the Fabulous Guitar Gift Package that will also be part of the winning ticket.
NEWS from the 2010 Raffle
We are pleased to announce the winner of the 2010 Lichty Guitar Raffle !
Congratulations – Jeffrey Tubbs!
Thanks go to everyone who purchased tickets. We want each of you to know we are all winners, as nearly 350 tickets were sold raising close to $3500 dollars that will go towards music and arts programs locally and abroad.
“LEAF is thrilled with the amount of money raised and the generosity of both the Lichty and LEAF communities. The grand total of $3,420…is just that-GRAND! What this equates to in our programming world is MAJOR. It is equivalent to paying for not one- but TWO local teaching artists in a low income housing community center with a class sizes between 15-20 on a weekly basis for a WHOLE school year. From an international prospective, this is more than enough to start a BRAND NEW music program serving between 50-100 students, purchasing instruments, and paying for the salary for a music teacher or dance instructor for a whole year. This is absolutely phenomenal and we are so grateful to EVERYONE. Thank you.” – the LEAF staff