Acoustic Guitar Building Workshops – One-on-One Format
Work side by side with Jay for approximately 10 consecutive days. You will complete the build of your guitar and then Jay will finish it and ship to you. Learn more about Lichty Guitar Building Workshops.
Note: The workshop is designed for folks who have some experience working with tools in a shop environment.
- The Project: Any style guitar that Jay currently builds. You will have an opportunity to select the tonewood for the back and sides from a wide variety of options and the trim details.
- The Format: You will build your guitar from start to the completion of the construction. Jay will do the finishing and then ship it to you. Jay works alongside you in the shop on current projects.
- Daily Shop Schedule : 9-6 each day with breaks during the day (this varies depending on what’s happening that day)
- Cost: The cost for the workshop is equivalent to the cost of having Jay build that specific guitar for you plus the cost of shipping (if you live outside our immediate area). You can instrument cost by using our Guitar Price Calculator and selecting the tonewood, details and such. Discuss potential shipping charges with Jay.
- Travel: We are located in Tryon, NC. Zip code 28782. Closest airports are Asheville, NC (AVL) and Greenville-Spartanburg, SC (GSP) – each approximately one hour away. Note: do not fly into Greenville, NC.
- Accommodations: We’ll provide information to you on area lodging. We do have a one-bedroom studio apartment on-site available for $50 per night.
- Dates: Jay offers a limited number of these one-on-one opportunities per year. Contact Jay for availability and dates
Mark Ballard one-on-one guitar building workshop – January 2015 – the project – a Brazilian Rosewood Dreadnought guitar
Rollie Barnes one-on-one guitar building workshop – July 2014 – the project – a cocobolo alchemist guitar
Ben one-on-one guitar building workshop – June 2014 – The project – a Brazilian rosewood OM guitar
Tony Fernandes one-on-one guitar building workshop – April 2014 – The project – a Brazilian Rosewood Dreadnought guitar
Mike Johnson one-on-one guitar building workshop – March 2014 – The project – a cocobolo modified small jumbo guitar
Doug Dacey one-on-one guitar building workshop – December 2013 – The project – an Indian rosewood dreadnought guitar
Chad Jennings one-on-one workshop – July 2013 – The project – a cocobolo and Carpathian spruce small jumbo guitar with cutaway and wedge-shaped body
Ki Wells one-on-one guitar building workshop – July 2012 – The project – a cocobolo crossover guitar with a Western Red cedar top
David Lanik one-on-one guitar building workshop – The project – an Indian rosewood OM guitar. See video of David talking about the workshop and playing his guitar
Doug Dacey one-on-one guitar building workshop – The project – an Indian rosewood dreadnought with Sitka spruce top