Guitar Roadtrip Fall 2011
We’re excited to announce that we are gearing up for the first ever Lichty Guitar Roadtrip.
We know that one of the most powerful ways to get the word out about our guitars is to get them into the hands of players. That is easier said than done given we live in a very quiet, out-of-the-way little town in Western NC. Within the luthier community we’ve heard great things about sending guitars out on road trips and we are finally getting around to kicking off one of our own. Quite literally this means we’ll be shipping a Lichty Guitar out on the road. Folks interested in test-driving / reviewing one of our guitars will have an opportunity to have it shipped directly to them and to keep the guitar for a week. They will then ship it off to the next guy or gal on the road trip schedule. The cost to participants is a general shipping fee of $50 to help us cover the shipping from stop to stop.
Benefits for us:
- It gets our guitars into the hands of folks who might want to buy one, one day.
- We ask folks who test-drive to provide reviews/feedback in forms we can repost (video/audio/in writing)
- While our guitar goes coast to coast and the buzz builds it helps to get Lichty Guitars on the map in an even bigger way
Benefits for players:
- It offers a great opportunity to play a handcrafted guitar to one’s heart’s content (for a week)
- It helps potential customers that are at a distance play, feel, smell, and hear a Lichty
- When your post your feedback/review you’ll be a part of the roadtrip buzz, putting you and your music in front of new folks
Lichty Fall 2011 Roadtrip Guitar
Stay tuned for the road trip dates and more details. We’ll be kicking this off in the fall of 2011. If you’d like get your name on the list get in touch.
Model: The Alchemist
Features: Cocobolo back, sides, end graph and headplate, Red Cedar top, Ebony fretboard and bridge, Bound fretboard, Koa binding, Wedge-shaped body, Herringbone purfling and rosette, Gotoh 510 tuners, LR Baggs pick-up
[mp3j track=”Listen to Audio Sample 1@Sunday-afternoon-g-45.mp3″ vol=”100″ autoplay=”n” flow=”y”]
[mp3j track=”Listen to Audio Sample firstname.lastname@example.org″ vol=”100″ autoplay=”n” flow=”y”]
Click on the image below to see a photo gallery of the Lichty Roadtrip Guitar
Click on the image below to view a gallery of photos of this guitar being built
Rules of the Road
Note: Each participant is provided with all these details, and then some, via email before the journey begins
- Take great care of this beauty.
- Each person pays $50 upfront to cover their leg of the shipping. If you decide to order a guitar after having played the roadtrip guitar we’ll credit your $50 towards the purchase price
- If you’ve got a group of musicians in your area that all want to be a stop on the roadtrip that’s great. Just let us know so we can factor that into the schedule.
- While this roadtrip is for folks in the continental US, if you live abroad and are interested – get in touch and we’ll keep you in mind for future projects.
- Take time to provide feedback. Shoot a video, take photos, capture audio, write a review
Guitar Roadtrip FAQ’s
How do I get on the list? The list is growing so shoot us an email or give us a call and we’ll keep you posted.
Are you doing a Ukulele roadtrip? Yes – coming soon!