Should I Buy a Handmade Guitar or Factory-built Guitar?
In the big world of music, there are big guitar makers. Gibson, Martin, Taylor and many others build quality, solid production instruments played by the best. Many companies like Gibson take their commitment to the world of music seriously by giving back.
Example: GibsonFoundation.org. As described on the Gibson website, “Founded in 2002, the Gibson Foundation is committed to making the world a better place for children by creating, developing and supporting programs and other non-profit organizations in their efforts to advance education, music and the arts, the environment and health & welfare causes.”
Taylor Guitars does its part in many ways, as well. Learn more about sustainability practices at Taylor.
We’d like to take our hats off to the musical legacy of these big guitar makers!
Should I Buy a Custom Guitar?
Now, with that said, when folks ask us, “Should I buy a custom guitar or a production model?” here’s what we tell them:
- Looking for low-cost? Go production, as there are solid low-cost options from most makers.
- Want to choose every feature, even down to the specific set of wood? Go with a custom.
- Love your friend’s guitar and you want one exactly like it? Go with a production.
- Interested in a one-of-a-kind guitar? Go with a custom.
- Want the same kind of guitar your grandfather had? Look to some of the classic, big-guitar makers or better yet, look to the vintage guitar market.
- Want a guitar that was designed and built just for you, fits you perfectly and that plays like a dream every time? Go for a custom, and we’ll add – a custom Lichty!
OK – you get the point. It’s not a big mystery, really. Our customers know who there are. Most of them have a favorite Gibson, Martin or Taylor that they’ve played some great music on. When they come knocking on our door, however, we can see the twinkle in their eyes that says – “I gotta have a Lichty.”
We invite you to learn more about: