Order a Custom Guitar or Custom Ukulele
There are a few different ways to approach purchasing a Lichty ukulele or guitar: You can look to our current inventory for an immediate purchase, place an order for a custom guitar or ukulele, or order a custom-instrument gift certificate for a loved-one. The bottom line – contact Jay at anytime to learn more.
- For pure inspiration visit our Master Photo Gallery page to see custom ukuleles, custom guitars and ukes built by workshop students and more.
Once you have decided on ordering a custom guitar or ukulele here are the next steps:
- Get familiar with our pricing. As a reference, the base price for a guitar is $4,200 and for a ukulele it is $2,950. Get more details on what is included in base priced instruments here. You can compare costs of different options and get a close estimate of total cost via our Price Estimator.
- For an instrument in our current inventory contact Jay.
- For a custom guitar or uke, we recommend that you fill out the Price Estimator and submit it. You and Jay will both receive a copy by email. Once Jay has all of your information he will get in touch and go over any questions you may have.
- For a Gift Certificate, you can look to the Price Estimator to get an idea of cost and then contact Jay.
Once you and Jay have finalized all the details, you will receive a confirmation form from Jay and a projected completion time. Sign and return this form with a booking deposit of $500 to hold your place in our shop schedule. As Jay is preparing to build your instrument, he will be in touch and request a total of 1/3 of the instrument’s total cost (minus the $500 deposit). Balance is due upon completion of the instrument. All prices are indicated in US dollars. Our typical delivery time is 8-12 months given how many folks are saying Yes! to custom Lichty instruments.
Payment Options: Payments may be made via check or bank transfer.
Shipping: Upon completion of the instrument and receipt of the balance, your instrument will be shipped. Prices do not include insurance, taxes or shipping. Please keep in mind that international shipments are subject to customs fees.
Warranty: The full cost* (minus shipping charges) is refundable within a 5-day approval period if you are dissatisfied with your instrument for any reason. Jay provides a limited lifetime warranty to the original owner against defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty does not provide coverage for normal fret/fingerboard wear, or damage to the finish or other as a result of improper climate control or other improper care. Warranty cards are provided with each instrument.
*Certain restrictions may apply to highly customized special orders.