Baritone Ukulele … Just Might be Jay’s Favorite!
While soprano, concert and tenor are the more common ukulele sizes, many musicians are falling in love with the baritone. For uke players it can dramatically stretch a player into new territory. Instead of the familiar tuning of G-C-E-A, the baritone is typically tuned D-G-B-E. For guitar players that tuning mirrors the bottom 4 strings on a guitar and so it can be a fun, cross-over instrument. Too, for guitarists who are used to traveling with their instrument, a baritone ukulele is a dream travel companion!
You will notice on our Ukulele Models page that there are lots to choose from! As a musician, Jay is in constant pursuit of the best sound and most playing fun so he is constantly designing and building new models. We currently offer 6 variations in custom baritone ukuleles which you can learn more about on our Ukulele Models page. Every Lichty Ukulele is handcrafted by Jay to the player’s specifications.
A great place to start is exploring a custom baritone ukulele is with our standard baritone –
Lichty Baritone Ukulele Dimensions: Lower Bout: 10 1/4″, Upper Bout: 7 7/8″, Waist: 6″, Overall Length: 30 1/2″, Depth: 3″, Body Length: 13 5/8″
Custom Baritone Ukulele Base Price: $3,500
- Custom Ukulele Options … the choices are almost endless and include tonewood, soundboard, type of tuners, type of pickup … you name it!
- See our Price Calculator to run the numbers for different custom options.
- See all ukulele models Jay currently builds.
- Learn more about ordering a Lichty Custom Ukulele
- Check out Ukulele Magazine’s feature on the baritone ukulele basics
- Visit Uke-Chords for handy baritone ukulele chord charts
Lichty Baritone Ukulele Audio Samples:
Lichty Baritone Ukulele Videos
Gallery of Lichty Baritone Ukuleles