“Selection of the very best tonewood is where the joy in building each custom acoustic guitar begins.” – Jay
At Lichty Guitars, when we say custom acoustic guitar, we mean a guitar that is built just for you. That process begins by you choosing the guitar model, the specific set of acoustic guitar tonewood that you’d like your instrument to be built from and then deciding on all of the custom guitar options and appointments. Different woods contribute to different tones, along with the type of soundboard, bracing and many other factors. We have on hand, at all times, a wide selection of premium exotic and domestic guitar tonewoods. While it is really a thrill to come to the shop and to dig through our stash of wonderful woods to find the set that has your name on it, we feature all available sets on our website so that our customers from around the world can go through the same selection process.
Two things to keep in mind regarding acoustic guitar tonewoods:
- Putting a finish on wood transforms its color and warmth. Images of unfinished wood require a bit of imagination to picture the vibrancy of the finished instrument.
- If you do not see what you are looking for we can contact our premium suppliers and round up most anything.
Click on an image below to learn more about the characteristics of that wood, to see all currently available sets to chose from and to view a gallery of instruments crafted from that wood. You might just come across the perfect set of tonewood for your own custom Lichty guitar.
*Special Note: We frequently get inquiries about wood sales. Please be aware, our woods are carefully selected for our custom instrument projects and we do not sell our tonewoods.
Acoustic Guitar Tonewood Selection
What type of guitar tonewood and what specific set you’d like for your guitar is just one of the many options you will have an opportunity to choose from when you order a custom Lichty guitar.
- See all of the options for soundboards.
- See all Custom Guitar Options.
- Learn more about the Custom Guitar process.
- Learn more about Ordering and Pricing.