Getting Started on a Custom Handmade Acoustic Guitar
When you order a Lichty guitar you will have an opportunity to choose every detail, from size and shape, to bindings and rosette design, to pickups and tuners. As a custom acoustic guitar luthier, Jay builds handcrafted acoustic guitars that are unique to each player’s vision and style.
Steps in the process:
- Select the model that best suits your aesthetics and playing style. Jay can help to guide your decision once he learns a bit about you and the music you play.
- Look through our tonewoods and select the set of wood you would like.
- Explore the many options available to you.
- Run the numbers via our Price Estimator to get an idea of the cost.
- Contact Jay to share your ideas, ask your questions and to get your custom acoustic guitar onto his build schedule.
Custom Guitar Models
Body style and size impact every aspect of an instrument’s playability and sound. The custom acoustic guitar models that Jay builds include Small Jumbo, Parlor, Dreadnought, the Lichty Dream guitar and many more.
We have an extensive collection of premium domestic and exotic tonewoods that are dried and ready for use. You can see every available set in our tonewood galleries and choose the perfect one for your Lichty guitar.
“I am inspired when I see them, I’m inspired when I touch them and of course I am inspired when I hear them. I love the guitars Jay built for me and am proud to be the caretaker of these fine guitars.”
– William Miller, Brazilian Rosewood Dreadnought Guitar, Patchwork Parlor Guitar, Mahogany Dreadnought Guitar, Pau Ferro Dreadnought Guitar
Audio Sample: Jay's Tune
Custom Acoustic Guitars on the Luthier Bench – Current Projects
What is Jay currently working on in the shop? It might be the latest custom guitar or ukulele or the development phase of a new design. Did you know that when you order a custom Lichty we document the step-by-step construction with a photographic journal? You will be able to see your guitar come to life via our blog and you will receive a copy of all of the images with your instrument.
Jay welcomes your call or email anytime to discuss your ideal instrument and to explore all of the handmade acoustic guitar options available.