Art Trek Tryon 2014 is a free self-guided tour of over 30 artists’ studios in the foothill of the Carolinas sponsored by The Upstairs Artspace. Here is an Art Trek Tryon Preview:
For two days area craftsmen and artists open up their working studios to visitors. There will be work on display, demonstrations, special projects unveiled and at Lichty Guitars there will also be music played on our handcrafted instruments.
Preview Party at Upstairs Artspace Gallery: June 27th 5-8 pm
Begin this extraordinary weekend of artistic and natural beauty with a preview party at the Upstairs on Friday evening, June 27th, from 5pm to 8pm. The gallery will display a sampler of artists’ work. Many artists will be on hand to talk about their art. Enjoy a glass of wine as you plan your weekend’s self-guided tour.
Open Studio Tour: Saturday June 28th from 10-5 / Sunday June 29th from noon to 5
Over 30 artists in Tryon, Saluda, Columbus and Landrum open their studios to the public.
Why make Lichty Guitars a stop along your Art Trek tour?
- Each Lichty instrument is a one-of-a-kind heirloom quality instrument / work of art, yet our “gallery” is the hands-on kind. We invite anyone who stops by to pick up and play our assortment of guitars and ukuleles.
- You’ll have a unique opportunity to meet the custom guitar builder behind these extraordinary instruments, Jay Lichty, and to talk with him about his craft
- Whether you are a musician or not, you’ll see the inside of the luthier shop (how many folks can say they’ve done that?) and learn a bit about what goes into our handcrafted guitars and ukuleles.
- You can pick up and see, feel, tap and smell our exotic acoustic guitar woods.
- Lichty long neck tenor ukuleles, Alchemist guitars and Dream guitars are just a few of Jay’s unique instrument designs. Come find out about the different instrument Jay builds.
- Perhaps you are a guitar player who is curious what playing a ukulele might be like. You’ll have an opportunity to do just that.
A look into our shop …