International Guitar Month 2013
April is International Guitar Month.
Here are ten ways to celebrate this month for guitarists:
1. Ever dreamed of building your own guitar? If so, maybe now is the time! Book your spot in the June 2013 small group guitar building workshop at Lichty Guitars.
2. April 17th marks the kick-off for the 2013 Lichty Guitar Raffle to benefit the non-profit organization LEAF. This year’s raffle guitar is a beautiful Ambrosia Maple Dreadnought. Tickets are just $10! Learn more about how to win a guitar in 2013 …
3. Expand your musical horizons by becoming a subscriber to Noah’s YouTube site. He has had over 35 million views! Just as soon as he opens his mouth you will know why. Here s a sample with Noah playing the Lichty Bard Guitar.
4. Plan on going to camp this summer! Guitar Week at The Swannanoa Gathering runs from July 29th to August 4th in Black Mountain, NC.
5. Try your hand at playing a different style guitar than you are used to. For example, if you typically play a dreadnought why not spend some time exploring a parlor size guitar. It is amazing how switching gears like this can fuel songwriting and simply the joy of playing guitar.
6. Subscribe to GuitarBench online magazine. Editor Terrence Tan does a great job of bringing great guitar stories and info to a worldwide readership via this electronic magazine.
7. Join the Acoustic Guitar Forum and exchange ideas and tips via this online community.
8. Watch the short film by Erik Olsen, Made from Wood, which follows the building of a Lichty Guitar from start to finish.
9. Plan a trip to visit a luthier to see what goes on behind the scenes of building handcrafted guitars. If you are in Western NC look us up. If you are somewhere else search for luthiers in your area.
10. Make 2013 your guitar year by placing an order for a custom Lichty Guitar!
Read 2012 International Guitar Month Post
Follow 2011 International Guitar Month posts