April is International Guitar Month and here at Lichty Guitars that is cause for celebration!
Here are ten ways to celebrate this month for guitarists:
1. Read thorough our posts for 2011 International Guitar Month. We shared one a day for the entire month and featured news on everything from great guitarists to guitar festivals to the story behind how BB King’s Lucille got her name.
3. Expand your musical horizons by purchasing the CD “The Hills Have Ears, Songs from a Finger Picker’s Heart” by Japanese guitarist, Shohei Toyoda .
4. If you live in our part of the country, mark your calendar for a special June 2nd concert in Tryon, NC with Geoff Achison and Randall Bramblett. Learn more and purchase your tickets early before they sell out.
5. Learn to play the ukulele during International Guitar Month. Jay was a guitarist long before he played ukulele and yet now you can find him playing a ukulele nearly as much as guitar. If you know how to play the guitar it’s just a small shift to play the uke and it’s so much fun.
6. Subscribe to Fretboard Journal. We read each issue when it comes cover to cover. It is consistently that good.
7. Build your very own guitar! Jay offers small group and one-on-one guitar building workshops throughout the year. Learn more
8. Watch the short film by Erik Olsen, Made from Wood, which follows the building of a Lichty Guitar from start to finish
Erik Olsen Film – Made from Wood, the Art of Acoustic Guitar Building
9. Attend MerleFest April 26th – 29th in Wilkesboro, NC and then when May rolls around head to Black Mountain to the Lake Eden Arts Festival.
Internationally acclaimed ukulele master Kimo Hussey will be giving concerts and ukulele playing workshops in the Carolinas in early November. First stop - a workshop in Asheville Nov. 6th. Learn more ...