Hot Gifts for Guitar Players
Buying a gift for a guitar player can be challenging. Every guitar player has his/her preferences that run from a favorite style and size of guitar to the perfect size and weight of a pick.
While you may have to do a little detective work to determine the particulars, here are some hot ideas, from off-the-charts to simple and inexpensive (a few are even free) that might help you to land the perfect gift. While you may have to do a little detective work to determine the particulars, here are some hot ideas, from off-the-charts to simple and inexpensive (a few are even free) that might help you to land the perfect gift.
- A night to remember: Check out all the venues within reach of where you live and round-up tickets to a great guitar concert. This could even be a free music in the park night or an intimate concert you have arranged.
- Buy a series of guitar lessons either from a local instructor or via video packages. A cool website that offers instruction for some of the greats, like Geoff Achison, is Breakdown Way.
- How about gift them a spot in a Guitar Worksop. Look around and you will find them being held all across the country. One of the finest is The Swannanoa Gathering, held each summer in Western NC.
- Goodie Bag: Put together a sample package of picks, strings, and such (your local music store might love to help you put it together). Too, this could be a gift certificate allowing them to go pick out their own.
- Give a subscription to one of the many great guitar publications. While there are quite a few out there, here are four you might consider, each offering something very different: Acoustic Guitar, Fretboard Journal. Guitar Player, M Music & Musicians.
- Get them in the studio: Purchase a couple of hours in a recording studio. Whether your guitar player is a pro or not, this can be an incredible experience.
- Turn them on to new music and new inspiration: Find recording artists that your gift recipient may not have discovered yet. Re-gift your own CD’s or buy one or two. A few brilliant guitarists/musicians worth checking out … Geoff Achison, Al Petteway and Amy White, John Hiatt with Doug Lancio, Patty Griffin, Buddy Miller, Haley Dreis, Gloriana, The Belleville Outfit, … and of course this reflects a small taste of music we love and there is so much more. Note: it’s always a good idea to go to the source. Ask your guitar player’s friends for music ideas.
- Capo Anyone? A good capo can fuel inspiration and infuse one’s playing with genuine good stuff.
- Stand Secure … with a quality guitar stand: A good guitar stand is a great investment. A bad guitar stand is a recipe for an accident. Look to Cooperstand Professional Guitar Stands for our favorite
- Digital Recorder: There are a million reasons this is a must have. Imagine a player is on a roll picking out a new song and they can grab the recorder to capture its beginnings. Playing back pieces they are working on is a great way to improve skills. They might even record their favorite part of another musician’s playing for inspiration. Digital recorders come in simple/low-cost and very high-end models.
- Guitar Humidifier: The ideal humidity level for your guitar is somewhere between 45-55% relative humidity. A Guitar Humidifier is a great and relatively inexpensive investment.
- What about a nicely bound book or filing system to help your guitar player organize their music, songwriting and notes.
- Buy them the classic book, Clapton’s Guitar by Allen St John
- Buy them a handcrafted guitar: Yes, there are lots of great instruments to choose from and it is a very personal choice. Of course, we’d like everyone to include Lichty Guitars in their search. For the gift of a lifetime, you could buy the guitar player in your life a handmade Lichty Guitar from our currently available stock, or consider giving them a gift certificate for a custom-built instrument.
- Learn how to give the gift of a Lichty Guitar
- See currently available handmade acoustic guitars for sale